It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Women's Track/Field signee
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 1:28 pm 
Team Captain

Hey I heard that Emily Miles of Russellville High School signed with UCA. I don't know if this if fact (someone please confirm). I coach at the Middle School and have seen her work. She has won the high point award in each track meet she participates in. In the Cyclone Relays in early April, she finished with 31 or 32 points. This was more points that about 1/3 of the teams in the meet. She is a stud. Totally ripped and could probably whip my @$$. If she did actually sign with the Bears, I think we will be able to compete pretty quick. Not that she can win the meet by herself, but it would be a big weapon in the middle distance, hurdles (both 100 and 300 meters), and discuss. I just hope that UA does not see her compete in the state Track meet this month or we might lose her.

Phil

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 5:42 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Well, your hometown paper confirmed it in today's edition:

http://www.couriernews.com/story.php?ID=11586

And since she's signed, the UA can look all it wants but it can't (legally) touch. If she decided she wanted to go up there, she would have to first sit out a year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 5:59 pm 
All-Conference

Impressive...

I'm a big T&F fan and that's an interesting signing. All those events, very multi-facted. The question is, would UCA leave her to the heptathalon or let her do as many individual events as she could, when the SLC championships roll around?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 6:59 pm 
Two-Time All-American

I'd roll the dice, personally. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 7:54 pm 
Starter

Argh, beat me to it, Phil. Nate Brown, Che Jones, Marcus Pillow, now Emily...the Cyclone pipeline is alive and well!

I've known Emily since she was in the 6th grade and she has always been an outstanding athlete. She will definitely be a huge help for the Bears.

I don't know if it played a role in her decision, but her long-time boyfriend is currently a student here :)

Quote:
"That's my wildest dream," she said. "I never thought I'd be playing at a Division I school. ... I'm just excited that I'm going to get to meet new people and compete at the collegiate level."

"She leads the state in high jump, leads the state in discus, and those are totally different things," RHS track coach Dan Carnahan said. "She's one of the state's top hurdlers in both 100-meter hurdles and 300-meter hurdles, and she's a very efficient long jumper."

ImageImage