It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:57 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:53 pm 
All-Conference

Apparently you haven't watched the Cleveland Indians. Victor Martinez is 6 for 41 at throwing out base runners. But I'm sure you can make a algebraic formula of that stat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:32 pm 
Redshirt

nope, thats just bad LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:59 pm 
Redshirt

Don't even think the girls that have worked for years for their positions will not give their best to keep in the mix. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:40 am 
Redshirt

You are right Mom, no reason for them to just give up. They have just as good a shot at it as anyone. But being realistic, as a group they didn't exactly set the Gulf South conference on fire. D1 Southland won't be any easier. I'm sure this is going to be a long tough process and even the newcomers aren't going to see alot of success for awhile.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:45 am 
Two-Time All-American

I think this is the most softball talk that has ever been on this board! Good see other sports getting some recognition!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:40 pm 
Two-Time All-American

So does Kissel get a pass because he's new and had mostly inherited players? Does the pass continue for a couple years since there's a move to D-I? Or does he need to start winning pretty soon to save his job? Or ... does he get a few years simply because it's softball and 27 people care?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:41 pm 
All-Conference

I'm thinking he got the job because no one cared. He did not have a good record at Panhandle St. and how he got the job at UCA still is a question to me. But nevertheless, he has the job for two more years, and they will continue to be mediocre at best and then he will be on his way out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:15 pm 
Redshirt

Well that begs the age old question, who makes a winning team, the coach or the players?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:30 pm 
Redshirt

I just took a look at the softball roster. Has anyone noticed that there are more out of state girls than in-state? This has to be a first ever for the program. I have said for years that you can't build your team around Arkansas talent and fill in with a few others and expect to be competitive. The main reason is that none of the other schools in the conference do that. I also notice a few names missing... and they were good players. I suspect they quit because they were definitely good enough to play on this team.

Even with the "new" talent, it will be difficult to compete in the Southland. The Texas schools are loaded with Texas talent... and they play a lot of softall. I do feel good about the Texas girls on our team and Oklahoma is known for softball too. I have seen Stone pitch in High School and she will be a help. Sperle will find a way to get on base. I recognize a few of the Arkansas names, but don't know much about them. They played against Ark HS pitching so it is hard to compare.

I am looking forward to the season but am going in with a realistic view of what is in front of us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:07 am 
UserName Retired

Arkansas son wrote:
I also notice a few names missing... and they were good players. I suspect they quit because they were definitely good enough to play on this team.
For those of us who haven't followed softball closely, can you fill us in on who's 'missing' and who will be the main contributors now that they are?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:21 am 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

well a few missing is right. Best I can tell I think we only have 3 returnees off of last year's entire roster.