It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: TXST- Wasson to OU
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:10 pm 
Redshirt

The Fort Worth Star Telegram is reporting that the NCAA has approved Texas State QB/WR Chase Wasson's request to transfer to Oklahoma University for his final year of eligibilty. Chase is graduating this spring and wants to pursue his masters at OU. If he is allowed to play, he will bring experience to the QB position for OU.

Bears fans will be happy that Wasson is gone. He was a 5'11' dual threat QB that was not afraid to take off down the field. He lost the starting QB position to 6'4'' Brad George last fall and became our top WR.

http://www.bobcatfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12310

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:16 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

sounds like a loss for you guys on and off the field...but sounds like he is a great student athlete and has his priorities in order.

I did think it was funny one fan compared OU to a sinking ship as I guess compared to TXST. Granted I know that was only one fan's opinion. I just thought that was kinda humorous.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:00 pm 
Team Captain

It really burns me that the NCAA is changing the graduate transfer rule. They said athletes were taking advantage of it. From what I have seen they have been using it as it applied to them. IMO a couple of big whigs didn't get a transfer they wanted and appealed. All the NCAA talks about is graduation rates, blah blah, blah. Then they flip flop on their ruling. Those that get a degree before eligibility expires should get rewarded for working their butts off especially since they are seeking postgraduate work. It is obvious they are not looking to go the NFL ASAP since they are entering grad school. Sorry, just had to vent.

Philip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:29 pm 
Two-Time All-American

philgood80 wrote:
It really burns me that the NCAA is changing the graduate transfer rule. They said athletes were taking advantage of it. From what I have seen they have been using it as it applied to them. IMO a couple of big whigs didn't get a transfer they wanted and appealed. All the NCAA talks about is graduation rates, blah blah, blah. Then they flip flop on their ruling. Those that get a degree before eligibility expires should get rewarded for working their butts off especially since they are seeking postgraduate work. It is obvious they are not looking to go the NFL ASAP since they are entering grad school. Sorry, just had to vent.

Philip

Word to that homie!
& on a little lighter note.....when I finished my degree at UCA I tried to play for the Arthur's Beauty College Softball team but they ruled against me wearing the short shorts & mid-rift tank top. I don't know if it was elgibility issues or if they were just hatin. :( :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:38 am 
Redshirt

UCAMonkey wrote:
philgood80 wrote:

Philip

Word to that homie!
& on a little lighter note.....when I finished my degree at UCA I tried to play for the Arthur's Beauty College Softball team but they ruled against me wearing the short shorts & mid-rift tank top. I don't know if it was elgibility issues or if they were just hatin. :( :lol:

Did you look anything like the guy in Green?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:24 am 
Two-Time All-American

chrisattsu wrote:
UCAMonkey wrote:
philgood80 wrote:

Philip

Word to that homie!

Did you look anything like the guy in Green?

:P :P :P

No way I would never wear my socks up like that :!: Although that banana sure looks good to ol Monkey. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:47 pm 
UserName Retired

While yall are discussing the three amigos, I'll take the two chicks in the background!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:28 pm 
UserName Retired

Honey Bear wrote:
While yall are discussing the three amigos, I'll take the two chicks in the background!

ummm dude...those are dudes too...just really slim and genitalia altered ones....look closer..the one on the right has a moustache. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:09 pm 
UserName Retired

I'll take my two dudes over your three dudettes :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:30 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Just another example of how the NCAA is always looking out for the student athlete. They should grant bonus points for athletes going to grad school but that would not be the NCAA Way.

GoBears!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:49 pm 
All-Conference

Honey Bear wrote:

Since there's two, can I have one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:51 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Bearman wrote:
Honey Bear wrote:

Are you talking about my banana.........oh never mind. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:59 pm 
All-Conference

UCAMonkey wrote:
Bearman wrote:
Honey Bear wrote:

Are you talking about my banana.........oh never mind. :lol:

Oh no, you called it first. Plus you've got your hands full fighting off the Reno guys

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:26 am 
UserName Retired

Bearman wrote:
Honey Bear wrote:

Bearman, help yourself...as long as it's the one with the moustache! As the old saying goes, I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I always was! At this point in my life, greed is not high on my list. :lol: