It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 2:09 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: SELA gets high marks for recruiting
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:13 pm 
Practice Squad

Bear Fan 101 wrote:
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26006

Apparently the Lions were the highest rated FCS school in Louisiana as far as recruiting went this past signing season.

NSU only signed like 12 players as we didn't lose but maybe 6 guys from last years team...that is why we are ranked so low. IMO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:55 pm 
UserName Retired

I believe the article said for in-state recruiting. La Tech received an A+. LSU rated only an A but yet had a top 3 class nationally according to many polls on recruiting. Go figure. I seriously doubt Tech recruited better La. talent than LSU. Sportswriters and their rankings and polls are about like 'roids, they are mostly irritating and won't go away!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:56 pm 
Starter

Honey Bear wrote:
I believe the article said for in-state recruiting. La Tech received an A+. LSU rated only an A but yet had a top 3 class nationally according to many polls on recruiting. Go figure. I seriously doubt Tech recruited better La. talent than LSU. Sportswriters and their rankings and polls are about like 'roids, they are mostly irritating and won't go away!

The article in Louisiana Football Magazine took into account each school's entire recruiting class, both in-state and out-of-state. The letter grade was given relative to each school's level of play and expectations. It's not an apples to apples comparison. The actual numerical ranking (i.e. 1-12) is an apples to apples comparison, that's why LSU was ranked number one over us and La Tech even though we had a higher letter grade.

But like I've said before, recruiting rankings have no significance other than to provide message board fodder.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:03 pm 
Starter

Bear Fan 101 wrote:
I thought that you guys hadn't had football for too long this go round. What is your stadium like? I dont think I have ever seen a picutre of it, and I dont remember passing it when I went to Hammond and the UC for basketball this season.

This isn't a picture but I did find this highlight video (Felton Huggins) from one of our games in 2004. It's not great quality but it gives you some idea of what our stadium is like.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 6794000634

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:59 pm 
UserName Retired

Nice job making a highlight reel out of UAM.
Somehow we actually lost to UAM in 2004.

Please don't try to refresh my memory as I do remember; I'm just trying to forget.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:02 pm 
UserName Retired

treyuca wrote:

Please don't try to refresh my memory as I do remember; I'm just trying to forget.

Unfortunately I remember that game too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:08 pm 
Starter

treyuca wrote:

As I recall, that was a scrappy UAM team. Their QB kept them in the game by scrambling around and pulling plays out of his behind all night. We ended up winning 46-32 but they made us work for it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:37 pm 
Two-Time All-American

UAM has a long history of scrappy QBs who can scramble. They might have the highest ratio of "football results to dollars invested" than any other Arkansas college over a long period of time....glad they have not had UAF's budget. They may not be at the top anymore but they do not go on the field thinking they will lose.

GoBears!!