It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: AnyGivenSaturday.com
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:05 am 
All-Conference

FYI...

The national Football Championship Subdivision community - http://www.anygivensaturday.com - has returned.

I am not sure what is going on, but I have been told there is a new owner of the web site. For those who have been members in the past, let's all come back and see what happens. If any new members want to join, please feel free to come on over.

If you want to vote in the AGS Poll this year, you need to get 100 posts by May 1, so you have plenty of time to do so.

Oh, here's a post that was made...

Quote:
Any Given Saturday has finished reloading for 2010 and has reopened. With our new reload comes new ownership. These new owners are not associated with any previous owners or management and consists of longtime members of AGS.

Our mission will remain the same, to continue as the largest and best national FCS forum community. You will see some small changes over the next few months. The biggest change you will notice is an ad program and the elimination of the political board. The others will be introduced slowly as we head to Spring football and the new season.

So welcome back and always remember, college football is much more than the game.

Thank you for your support.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:38 pm 
Two-Time All-American

I think I am going to boycott the website like when many baseball fans quit coming to games after the strike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:26 pm 
Two-Time All-American

UpandIn913 wrote:
I think I am going to boycott the website like when many baseball fans quit coming to games after the strike

How worthless, dumb and flawed is that poll?

You could go in there and write "i like blue crayons", "I just farted, lolz!", "it burns when i pee!", "OMG UCA RULLZZZZZZ BITCHES!", "McNeese fans are so awesome!", "Texas State sucks a fat one!", "Great post!", "I agree!", "AWESOME!!!", and "Congrats!" ... and you're 1/10th of the way to becoming a voting member without yet proving that you know how to read/write beyond a 1st grade level, much less know jack squat about FCS football on a national scale.

If folks want to have a message board to talk about FCS football around the nation, that's great. But that whole poll thing is ridiculous. Good thing the AP poll doesn't work like that. "Write 50 stories about whatever before the deadline date, and vote in our poll!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:16 am 
All-Conference

Beary Manilow wrote:
If folks want to have a message board to talk about FCS football around the nation, that's great. But that whole poll thing is ridiculous. Good thing the AP poll doesn't work like that. "Write 50 stories about whatever before the deadline date, and vote in our poll!"

The funny thing is that every year of its existence (would have to confirm last year), AGS had more teams in their preseason poll than any other as far as both playoff teams and teams in their postseason poll.

Sports Network Poll - bunch of SIDs and media that only follow their team, league (hence lots of ridiculous votes for Pioneer, SWAC teams that are undeserving)

FCS Coaches Poll - we've seen the mess at the FBS level and at the very least, there is more media coverage nationally to keep track of FBS compared to FCS

AGS Poll - fans from all over, who talk to other fans and actually learn up on other teams.

I vote in both the TSN and AGS polls. Same ballot in each. I am just one vote, so I can't make a complete difference!

But, numerous individuals will agree that the AGS poll is probably the most informed and more "accurate' of the polls. Unlike the other major polls, these people have a sense of the national FCS scene.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:11 pm 
Practice Squad

I agree that the AGS poll has proven itself to paint the best and most accurate picture of the playoffs.

HOWEVER, there is certainly a slight East Coast bias when it comes to 7-4/8-3 teams in the lower half of the poll. UCA fans should come over and vote and help straighten things out.

MaximumBobcat

Post subject: Re: AnyGivenSaturday.com
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:11 pm 
Two-Time All-American

While I generally do not put much in polls, if TT and MB thinks it helps get SLC more pub, I'k for helping the conference....