It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: 2010 SLC Basketball Post Season
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:03 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Men's : Baylor vs Sam Houston State

Baylor sneaks by 68-59

Great season for BearKats.....they end season 25-8...

Baylor moves to 26-7 and faces Old Dominion next (27-8) who upset #6 seed Notre Dame

http://www.southland.org/ViewArticle.dbmltemp_site=NO&DB_OEM_ID=18400&ATCLID=204911269

Post subject: Lee Ann Riley resigns as SFA women's basketball coach
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:56 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

wow, I know I kinda let things go once I switch from basketball mode to baseball mode, but I didnt have a clue this had happened...

http://sfajacks.cstv.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/032210aaa.html

March 22, 2010

NACOGDOCHES, Texas - Stephen F. Austin Ladyjack head basketball coach Lee Ann Riley has resigned Director of Athletics Robert Hill announced Monday afternoon. SFA will immediately begin a national search to find a replacement.

Riley won 149 games during her nine seasons in Nacogdoches, which included three Southland Conference titles, and two SLC tournament titles. Among her three conference titles, Riley's troops closed out the regular season with a seven-game win streak to win the 2010 conference title. The 2006 SLC Coach of the Year, Riley guided the Ladyjacks to four postseason appearances, including two NCAA Championship appearances.

"I believe this is the right move for me at this time," said Riley. "I have truly loved my time at SFA. The Ladyjack basketball program is bigger than any one person, and I have been truly honored to serve as the head coach. I'm the type of person that goes with her heart, and this is the right move to make."...

Post subject: Bob Marlin leaving Sam Houston State
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:23 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

http://www.gobearkats.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=93025&SPID=11358&DB_OEM_ID=19900&ATCLID=204916633

Bob Marlin leaving Sam Houston State
Courtesy: GoBearkats.com
Release: 03/26/2010

The University of Louisiana at Lafayette is expected to announce early next week that Bob Marlin will be the new men's basketball head coach for the Ragin' Cajuns.

Marlin has posted a 225-131 record in his 12 years as head coach at Sam Houston State. He is the second-winningest men's basketball coach in Southland Conference history and has led the Bearkats to more victories than any other team in the league since he took over the program...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:34 pm 
UserName Retired

Must be something in that east Texas water. Surely Riley has something bigger lined up.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:14 am 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

http://www.emporiagazette.com/news/2010/apr/19/schneider-finalist-stephen-f-austin-job/

Schneider leaving for Stephen F. Austin
By C.J. Moore (Contact)
Originally published 12:56 p.m., April 19, 2010
Updated 03:24 p.m., April 19, 2010

Brandon Schneider is leaving Emporia State to take the head coaching position at Stephen F. Austin, a source close to the situation confirmed this afternoon.

Schneider, who could not be reached to comment on this story, is expected to be named the program’s new coach at a press conference on Tuesday. Schneider is in Nacogdoches, Texas, today and meeting with the school’s board of regents.

ESU athletic director Kent Weiser confirmed earlier on Monday that Schneider had interviewed last week and was a finalist for the job.

According to the The Daily Sentinel in Nacogdoches, Texas, the other two finalists were Delta State’s Sandra Rushing and Arkansas Tech’s Dave Wilbers. In a letter to the Russellville Courier, the hometown paper of Arkansas Tech, Wilbers said that he turned down an offer and would remain at Arkansas Tech...

...Schneider has had great success in the past 12 seasons as head coach at ESU and is fresh off winning his first National Championship this past season. He has a record of 306-72, has won six MIAA regular season titles, three MIAA tournaments and four Regional titles.

The Lady Hornets could already be in rebuilding mode next season, losing four senior guards to graduation, including All-American Cassondra Boston. They do return seven players off the National title team, including center Alli Volkens, the Elite Eight Most Outstanding Player.

Schneider will replace Lee Ann Riley, who resigned after the season. Riley went 149-116 in nine years at the school and the team went 18-11 this past season, winning a share of the Southland Conference regular season title with Lamar and a WNIT berth.