It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:01 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Texas State, UTSA, talking to WAC (and maybe Lamar too)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:50 pm 
UserName Retired

youcanuseamint wrote:
BearCountry wrote:
I'm calling B.S. on this alleged Bobcat fan. Um what kind of Texas State fan says:

Quote:
Eat Em Up, Cats!

I think that's a SHSU slogan:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:wtf: Really? Guess a few of you don't get out much...

What? Originality is something new to you? :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:01 pm 
Redshirt

Originality? Programs that have some kind of cat as their mascot them tend to share the phrase.

While I am here, I have to ask.. how did yall's 2008 playoff stint work out? 8)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:23 pm 
UserName Retired

youcanuseamint wrote:
Originality? Programs that have some kind of cat as their mascot them tend to share the phrase.

Yeah, coming up with a different slogan than one that someone in your own conference is using is sooooooo difficult! :lol: #-o

Hmmm.. your lack of knowledge about the SLC and it's members also shines through. Keep digging yourself deeper. Hint hint --> :shh:

I'm officially bored of this troll. :yawn:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:48 pm 
Redshirt

BearCountry wrote:
youcanuseamint wrote:

Yeah, coming up with a different slogan than one that someone in your own conference is using is sooooooo difficult! :lol: #-o

Hmmm.. your lack of knowledge about the SLC and it's members also shines through. Keep digging yourself deeper. Hint hint --> :shh:

I'm officially bored of this troll. :yawn:

:D

Hahaha like I came here to troll. I actually chimed in to what I thought was a serious conversation. And you are talking like Sam was the one to create the chant.. Did they do it before the Coogs?

I guess you took my attempt at kicking you in your shin as ignorance... So please, how does that equate to a "lack of knowledge about the SLC and it's members?"

Best of luck to your Bears this season. By the looks of it, UCA is the only team aside from SFA that could give us trouble.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:51 pm 
UserName Retired

You were serious? :roll:

You had no idea that UCA wasn't post season eligible in 2008 due to transition but were eligible to be champions but weren't granted it because the SLC would lose it's auto bid to the playoff if it did? and you want me to believe you were serious? =D> :lol:

....I give up...I can't figure you out. :oops:

My preference would be to see two teams in the playoffs this year...SFA, TxST or UCA seem to be the teams that could IMO. Best of luck this year..until you face us of course. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:09 pm 
Redshirt

BearCountry wrote:

You had no idea that UCA wasn't post season eligible in 2008 due to transition but were eligible to be champions but weren't granted it because the SLC would lose it's auto bid to the playoff if it did? and you want me to believe you were serious? =D> :lol:

My preference would be to see two teams in the playoffs this year...SFA, TxST or UCA seem to be the teams that could IMO. Best of luck this year..until you face us of course. :lol:

Exactly right! Ok.. I should have said "how did it feel to be champions in 2008," but whatever - it was just in response to your "originality" remark. Hopefully you won't have to deal with us ignorant Texas State fans much longer :mrgreen: .

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:19 pm 
UserName Retired

youcanuseamint wrote:
BearCountry wrote:

Exactly right! Ok.. I should have said "how did it feel to be champions in 2008," but whatever - it was just in response to your "originality" remark. Hopefully you won't have to deal with us ignorant Texas State fans much longer :mrgreen: .

Like I said...I don't think you're a Texas State fan.... :lol: :lol: And if you are..have fun in the WAC. =D>

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:32 pm 
Redshirt

BearCountry wrote:
Like I said...I don't think you're a Texas State fan.... :lol: :lol: And if you are..have fun in the WAC. =D>

I can't tell if you are serious about the first comment.. #-o

Out of curiosity, who would UCA fans like to see in the SLC? Does Arkansas have a program they can elevate to DI?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:59 pm 
UserName Retired

youcanuseamint wrote:
BearCountry wrote:

Out of curiosity, who would UCA fans like to see in the SLC? Does Arkansas have a program they can elevate to DI?

I can't think of any in-state program that has the finances to move to division I but my preference would be Arkansas Tech. Very similar to UCA. Pretty good basketball programs too.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:24 am 
Two-Time All-American

youcanuseamint wrote:
BearCountry wrote:

I am interested in W. Tx A&M and U Central Oklahoma in the SLC. None from AR.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:48 am 
UserName Retired

The only Arkansas school that I would want in the SLC would be Arkansas Tech, but they don't have the desire to become DI (I don't think). Plus, they just struck out with the rest of the GSC schools in Arkansas to form a new DII league with some OK schools. So I don't see any DII Arkansas teams moving up anytime soon. Over on Katfans.comI saw where a proposed SLC could include UALR if they get the boot from the SBC. That would be nice to be able to play UALR every year in BBall.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:17 am 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

For the record BC, Eat Em Up Cats/Kats is used by both schools, and as pointed out, more than a few with 'Cats nicknames...

And for the serious portion of the conversation that isnt a comical slap-fest- Who knows if there are actually Arkansas schools schools that would want to move up. I'd highly doubt it anyway now with the formation of the new conference I'm almost certain will be announced soon between the remaining Arkansas Gulf South Schools, and 1 or 2 schools from Oklahoma, if it hasnt been announced already, I havent been keeping up with that situation at all.

I like West Texas A&M if a lower level school has to move up, they appear to have the facilities for sure. Too bad I know nothing of their money situation. But they seem to be pretty competitive in all the D2 sports too, I believe. (Plus I just want to go to the Big Texas and chow every other year or so...)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:14 pm 
UserName Retired

Bear Fan 101 wrote:
I'd highly doubt it anyway now with the formation of the new conference I'm almost certain will be announced soon between the remaining Arkansas Gulf South Schools, and 1 or 2 schools from Oklahoma, if it hasnt been announced already, I havent been keeping up with that situation at all.

It has...GSC Agrees To Membership Terms With Arkansas Schools

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:40 pm 
UserName Retired

The big problem with West Texas A&M is logistics. They are 582 miles from Conway and 864 miles from Hammond, La. That's a lot of travelling and expense. Any teams in Miss. that could step up? Would be better for our recruiting in Miss. imo.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:15 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

You make a good point HB, esp from Hammond to Canyon. Now as far as we are concerned, if you look at how far we travel to a couple of places right now in the SLC, the trip to WTAM isn't just too outlandish. Right now from Conway to Corpus Christi, TX right now is roughly 680 miles give or take a few miles. And from Conway to Thibodaux, it is roughly 492 miles. Now I know we dont play TAMCC in football obviously , but we do play them in every other sport. So from here to West Texas/Amarillo/Canyon for the most part, fits in to the rest of our travel length fairly well, if you have to go that far anyway.

As for the MS schools, I'm not sure there are any that would, or could make a move up at this time.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next