It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 5:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SEC Predictions...
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:55 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

Time is near, practices and camps start up full throttle next weekend. Anyone have any thoughts on what the future holds for the SEC this season...

A hell of a tough schedule and tough road games make Tennessee a very uneasy choice to win the SEC for me, but I love their talent on that ball club. I suppose with new wonder-coach Urban Meyer, Florida will be good, if Lil Leak can pick up the offense and run it efficiently. Auburn lost a ton, but they have a lot of talent back and a lot of talent to replace some of what they lost. LSU should be loaded, but they lost a hell of a coach, so that might wash. Georgia should be good, not sure how good after losing 2 of the school's greatest players in Green and Pollack. Alabama, not sure on them, injuries may be their downfall, like they were last year. They will likely go as far as their D and their QB Croyle take them, same as last year.

After that I don't see much else going on, with Ole Miss, Spurrier's South Carolina and Arkansas hanging in the lower 2nd tier, while leaving Vandy, Miss St and Kentucky to bring up the rear.

Any other opinions on the SEC this season?

Last edited by Bear Fan 101 on Sun Jul 31, 2005 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: SEC Predictions...
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:46 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Bear Fan 101 wrote:
Time is near, practices and camps start up full throttle next weekend. Anyone have any thoughts on what the future holds for the SEC this season...

A hell of a tough schedule and tough road games make Tennessee a very uneasy choice to win the SEC for me, but I love their talent on that ball club. I suppose with new wonder-coach Urban Meyer, Florida will be good, if Lil Leak can pick up the offense and run it efficiently. Auburn lost a ton, but they have a lot of talent back and a lot of talent to replace some of what they lost. LSU should be loaded, but they lost a hell of a coach, so that might wash. Georgia should be good, not sure how good after losing 2 of the school's greatest players in Green and Pollack. Alabama, not sure on them, injuries may be their downfall, like they were last year. They will likely go as far as their D and their QB Pennington take them, same as last year.

After that I don't see much else going on, with Ole Miss, Spurrier's South Carolina and Arkansas hanging in the lower 2nd tier, while leaving Vandy, Miss St and Kentucky to bring up the rear.

Any other opinions on the SEC this season?

I agree but I think this is gonna have to be my pick:
1. Tennessee
2. LSU
3. Florida
4. Auburn
5. Georgia
6. Arkansas
7. Sout Carolina
8. Ole Miss
9. Miss St.
10. Kentucky
11. Vandy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:51 pm 
All-Conference

1. Florida
2. Alabama
3. Tennessee
4. LSU
5. Georgia
6. Auburn
7. S. Carolina
8. Arkansas
9. Mississippi St.
10. Mississippi
11. Kentucky
12. Vanderbilt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:54 pm 
All-Conference

Alabama is going to be much improved from last season. Brodie Croyle, their quarterback, started the season with 67% comp. before getting hurt in the third game of the year. Ken Darby rushed for over 1,000 yards before getting hurt and they return the nations second best defense with two of the best LB's (Roach, Ryans) in the conference as well as all four starters in the secondary.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:55 pm 
Two-Time All-American

yea I forgot all about them I would stick them in the 4 spot and move everyone down