It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cody Clark
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:45 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Cody hit HR #1 for the NWA Naturals tonight in an 11-6 wn over the Springfield Cardinals. Clark was 2 for 4 with a rbi, one BB and one K. Nats now 11-15 winning 5 of last 6.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:48 am 
Two-Time All-American

Cody was moved up to AAA Omaha this week...congrats to Coach Clark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 8:49 am 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

he also hit a HR in his first AAA game I think, his first or second one. I dont think it is an extended stay, but it is AAA nonetheless.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:50 pm 
UserName Retired

Clark Gets Invite to Major League Camp

I don't know why this just hit me, but is this show based on the Clark family?
The Suite Life of Zack & Cody
(Yes, I know it's not Zak.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:55 pm 
All-Conference

treyuca wrote:
Clark Gets Invite to Major League Camp

I don't know why this just hit me, but is this show based on the Clark family?
The Suite Life of Zack & Cody
(Yes, I know it's not Zak.)
That is so wrong. You just admitted that you watch a show that you have no excuse for watching. My strategy would be to alter your post and claim you only watched it in preparation for the change in television viewing that is about to occur in your household. In a few months you can tlak about the Wiggles, Backyardigans, etc. and we won't blink an eye.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:23 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Quote:
My strategy would be to alter your post

Or you could use the old Tom T. Hall comment that "or so I have been told..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:00 am 
UserName Retired

In my defense - as much of one as I have - I did not know it was Suite until I googled it. I thought it was Sweet. And, there's nothing wrong with being prepared. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:45 am 
UserName Retired

Former Hog Clark Chases Major League Dream

Quote:
Clark has made the most of his time in Springdale. Tuesday he extended the longest hitting streak of his minor league career to 16 games. Through 30 games Clark is batting .351 with five home runs, seven doubles and 24 runs batted in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:56 am 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

Quote:
"One game he threw out three runners which turned the game around for us," Poldberg said. "We might not have gotten out of the second inning with our starter that day...

HEY, I helped call that game on Travs' radio! The Travs looked beyond silly trying to run on him the 2nd and 3rd times.... That span of 5 games in 3 days including 2 DHs (NWA won all 5 vs. Travs) was about the time he started really heating up at the plate. It was fun to watch/call him for the first time ever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:55 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Saw Naturals play last week and Cody looked better than I have ever seen him. May have trimmed down a bit from last season. His arm looked strong and his swing was much smoother. Last year he seemed to struggle at the plate every time. Looks to have more confidence this year. Hope he gets a chance at KC.

On the other hand, saw Yuni ("The 2 million dollar SS") Betancourt play for the Nats fresh from Tacoma on an extended rehab after KC traded for him with Seattle. While he made some really smooth defensive plays he swung the bat terrible...one caught looking (this is against AA pitching with a guy who has 5+ era) and three weak ground balls. I assume he was not at his best being on rehab.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:07 am 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

Congrats Cody!

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090908&content_id=6852730&vkey=pr_t1350&fext=.jsp&sid=t1350

Cody Clark is Texas League Player of the Week
Backstop's two homers propelled Naturals past Tulsa
By Frank Novak / Northwest Arkansas Naturals

Catcher Cody Clark has been named as Texas League Player of the Week for the week of August 31st-September 7th, Texas League President Tom Kayser announced Tuesday.

Clark, the 27-year old resident of Conway, is in his second season with the Naturals and had a stellar one, finishing with a .304 average, eight homers, and 32 RBI in 65 games. His batting average would have ranked him as among the league leaders had he had enough at-bats to qualify.

He saved his best work for last, blasting three home runs in the road series at Tulsa which finished off the regular season. His two homers on Sunday evening provided the margin of victory in the Naturals' 6-3 win over Tulsa which clinched the second-half division championship for Northwest Arkansas. Clark batted .421 (8-for-19) in five games through the period and drove in five runs...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:01 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

Cody went 2-for-4 with two RBI Wednesday night as NWA beat Midland 11-5 and took a 1 -0 lead in the Texas League Championship Series in Midland.

He went 1-3 with a2 run double last night, but the Naturals fell and the series is tied 1-1, going back to Springdale.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:24 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Cody has had a great season......hope Nats can manage to win the series...be big for the NWA area baseball fans....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:58 am 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20091202&content_id=7743770&vkey=news_t1350&fext=.jsp&sid=t1350

Nine Innings: Q+A with Cody Clark
Arkansas native ready for 2010
Northwest Arkansas Naturals

A member of both the 2008 and 2009 Naturals, Cody Clark, who grew up right down the road in Fayetteville and played at Fayetteville High, recently re-signed with the Kansas City Royals organization for the 2010 season. Clark had perhaps his best season as a professional in 2009, batting .304 with eight homers and 32 RBI in 65 games while providing the team with good defense behind the dish. He recently took a few minutes to sit down with Naturals' broadcaster Steven Davis for a Q+A segment we call Nine Innings...

Post subject: Re: Cody Clark
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:00 am 
UserName Retired

From Hognation.net:
Quote:
Clark, Lucas both make Triple-A: Infielder Ed Lucas and catcher Cody Clark, who have both spent the vast majority of the past two seasons in Northwest Arkansas, both will start with Triple-A Omaha this season. Clark, the former Fayetteville High graduate, looks to get a good share of time in the starting lineup.

http://www.oursportscentral.com/service ... id=3983539