It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 2:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Lake Hamilton QB Butterfield Changes Commitment
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:03 pm 
All-Conference

Lake Hamilton QB Phillip Butterfield has de-committed from Tulsa and committed to Arkansas State.

Butterfield who is a 6-foot-1, 205 pound Pro-Style quarterback with a 4.7 forty. He was named MVP of the Class 6A State Championship game last weekend, where he made plays on both sides of the ball, to include an interception in the end zone with 1:20 left in the game to seal the win for his team.

http://arkansasvarsity.rivals.com/conte ... CID=889790

His Rivals page: http://arkansasvarsity.rivals.com/viewp ... _key=60494

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:56 pm 
Two-Time All-American

At least the kid has worked his way up to the 2nd best team in the state.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:52 pm 
All-Conference

Purple Pride wrote:
At least the kid has worked his way up to the 2nd best team in the state.
:shock: 8) Very funny. Great pickup for the Red Wolves!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:14 pm 
Two-Time All-American

you haven't picked up jack yet. He may change his commitment again a time or six before he signs anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:15 pm 
Team Captain

Maybe Butterfield figures Graham and Gus are about to hit the road for greener pastures.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:24 pm 
Two-Time All-American

or he's excited at the prospects of handing off to Reggie Arnold and Derek Lawson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:58 am 
UserName Retired

Wow. According to Rivals, Tulsa now has zero QB commits and only two returning.

EDIT: They do have one guy listed as an athlete that currently plays qb, receiver, and runs the ball...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:01 am 
All-Conference

Beary Manilow wrote:
you haven't picked up jack yet. He may change his commitment again a time or six before he signs anything.
Why are some of you reacting likethis? We aren't competing for recruits or on the field and YES, I realize it is only a commitment but you guys don't get excited about verbal commitments?

I don't see the need to bash ASU for getting a recruit to switch from Tulsa. You don't see me on here asking how a kid could pick UCA over other FCS schools.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:03 am 
All-Conference

treyuca wrote:
Wow. According to Rivals, Tulsa now has zero QB commits and only two returning.

EDIT: They do have one guy listed as an athlete that currently plays qb, receiver, and runs the ball...
A guy on TG who is a Tulsa fan says that they have a transfer from Texas and another transfer as well.

I have been hearing for more than a month that Butterfield was really interested and might switch to ASU. I just hope it sticks and we don't have a BCS school come after him like they did with Stegall.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:11 am 
UserName Retired

Off topic, but Rivals also lists O'Quinn from Shiloh for ASU.
He got hurt in the championship game. Any idea if it was just an ankle sprain or something worse?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:51 am 
All-Conference

treyuca wrote:
Off topic, but Rivals also lists O'Quinn from Shiloh for ASU.
He got hurt in the championship game. Any idea if it was just an ankle sprain or something worse?
I think it was just a sprain. He will have plenty of time to get better. He committed back during the season. He was originally committed to Army.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:40 am 
Two-Time All-American

Quote:
We aren't competing for recruits

Don't know about A-State but everyone else competes for talent....granted FBS schools have an advantage in most cases over a FCS school but certainly not always.....I'm just glad the Lake Hamilton QB did not go to the Bermuda Triangle of QBs....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:57 am 
Two-Time All-American

Crump1 wrote:
Beary Manilow wrote:
Why are some of you reacting likethis? We aren't competing for recruits or on the field and YES, I realize it is only a commitment but you guys don't get excited about verbal commitments?

Settle down, Sally.

It wasn't a shot at you or ASU so go find the nearest bidet and rinse the sand out of your vagina.

I was just noting that it's not official and the precedent is there for the kid to waver, and plenty of time as well. He could very well change his mind back to Tulsa, or some bigger school who had evaluated him and passed earlier may strike out on their targets and come calling late.

I understand getting excited about a commitment, but I also understand being leery of the whole ordeal. And that's all I was saying – that the recruiting process is fickle and that you probably shouldn't get too excited until February.

Next time I will try better to sustain a 4-hour erection and jump for joy when a high school kid tells somebody he will be a Red Wolf.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:30 pm 
All-Conference

Beary Manilow wrote:
Crump1 wrote:
Beary Manilow wrote:

Settle down, Sally.

It wasn't a shot at you or ASU so go find the nearest bidet and rinse the sand out of your vagina.

I was just noting that it's not official and the precedent is there for the kid to waver, and plenty of time as well. He could very well change his mind back to Tulsa, or some bigger school who had evaluated him and passed earlier may strike out on their targets and come calling late.

I understand getting excited about a commitment, but I also understand being leery of the whole ordeal. And that's all I was saying – that the recruiting process is fickle and that you probably shouldn't get too excited until February.

Next time I will try better to sustain a 4-hour erection and jump for joy when a high school kid tells somebody he will be a Red Wolf.
Look, Jackass, I know very well what a verbal commitment is so don't lecture me. I don't think my one sentence reply to the original post exactly rises to the assinine (stress on the ASS part) level that you claim.

Guess I will monitor your enthusiasm for recruits in the future.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:32 pm 
All-Conference

BearsFan52 wrote:
Quote:
We aren't competing for recruits

Don't know about A-State but everyone else competes for talent....granted FBS schools have an advantage in most cases over a FCS school but certainly not always.....I'm just glad the Lake Hamilton QB did not go to the Bermuda Triangle of QBs....
Occasionally, yes, but definitely not in this case and it's usually a transfer situation or something of that nature. So far, ASU's commitments had offers from Tulsa, So. Miss., Army and one had an offer from UCA. ASU offers kids all the time like Darius Winston but that doesn't mean they compete with SEC schools for recruits.