It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 10:21 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Women's NCAAs
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:37 pm 
Two-Time All-American

1. #5 seed UT-Knoxville goes down to #12 seed Ball State by 71-55. UTK has never lost a first round game.

2. #15 seed UTSA takes #2 Baylor to OT.....way to go UTSA.

3. #7 seed South Dakota State destroys #10 seed TCU by 90-55 and plays winner of UTSA/Baylor game. How about them Lady Jackrabbits?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:16 am 
UserName Retired

Anyone see Summit's post game interview after the Lady Vols lost? She basically said she had players that she felt like hadn't given it their best shot during the season. Said if these players didn't want to dedicate themselves to the cause then they could take a walk. I just can't believe that someone other than coach Daniels would feel that way about his/her players. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:19 am 
UserName Retired

Honey Bear wrote:
Anyone see Summit's post game interview after the Lady Vols lost? She basically said she had players that she felt like hadn't given it their best shot during the season. Said if these players didn't want to dedicate themselves to the cause then they could take a walk. I just can't believe that someone other than coach Daniels would feel that way about his/her players. :wink:

Maybe they can take a walk on over to UCA! Just a thought...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:37 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

I listened to the Lady Vols game, 2nd half and post game interviews while driving on Sunday night. I never heard what Summitt said, she didnt do the postgame on the Lady Vols Network due to her NCAA interview responsibilities, but Assitant Coach Dean Lockwood filled in, and HOLY COW he said everything but the actual words: "they quit" He said "this WILL be an offseason they all remember!"..."most embarassing lost in Lady Vol hisory"... and something along the lines of: we will find players who will play with the pride and effort in this program that we expect and that nothing less was acceptable. It was one of the most blunt, to the point post games I've ever heard in my life in any sport.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:54 pm 
Two-Time All-American

She was visibly upset (although calm) and spoke about this being the hardest loss she has ever had for a team and they cleaery were not prepared to play.....she spoke about lack of aggressiveness and not playing tough man defense and not getting in shooters faces....I hear they had a pretty tough workout today. Only Lady Vols would expect to lose virtually all of two natiional champ teams, reload with talented freshmen and really expect to get back to Final Four.