http://espn.go.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:13 pm 
UserName Retired

WOW!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:25 am 
Two-Time All-American

Should have been home with his wife instead of out chasing tail.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:15 am 
UserName Retired

BINGO :!: If I have to hear or read one more article about his being a good husband and father I'm going to puke. I have no sympathy for those who have the world at their fingertips but then blow it all on poor judgements. Being good 90% of the time doesn't overshadow the 10% of being bad in my book.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:12 pm 
Two-Time All-American

True HB...but this guy was a genuine guy. He helped the community in many different ways and was in the running for the NFL community service award. Now I'm not saying that cheating on your wife is okay, but Steve McNair, as a man was a good dude. He just so happened cheated with the wrong chick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:38 pm 
UserName Retired

UpandIn913 wrote:
True HB...but this guy was a genuine guy. He helped the community in many different ways and was in the running for the NFL community service award. Now I'm not saying that cheating on your wife is okay, but Steve McNair, as a man was a good dude. He just so happened cheated with the wrong chick.

Is there such thing as cheating with the right chick? :?: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:56 pm 
UserName Retired

Well, I guess if his wife and four boys think he's a genuine guy even though his adulterous way got him killed by a 20 year-old lover then maybe I ought to cut him some slack. This was not a one night fling, it was a relationship he had made with this "she's young enough to be my son's girlfriend". I know my wife would understand. :roll: How about you guy's spouses? Most women that I know aren't pc enough to forgive such a transgression. Thank God there are still some of those around. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:48 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Once again I completely agree with everything you say, but should we condemn a guy who was never a distraction to his team, or never violated any type of NFL rules. He was a solid person who helped better his community and I think he should be remembered for that.

Everyone messes up, sometimes others mess up more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:50 pm 
Two-Time All-American

UpandIn913 wrote:
but should we condemn a guy who was never a distraction to his team, or never violated any type of NFL rules.

A guy like, say, OJ Simpson?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:19 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Beary Manilow wrote:
UpandIn913 wrote:
but should we condemn a guy who was never a distraction to his team, or never violated any type of NFL rules.

I am not down playing adultery and the seriousness of it but you can't compare it to murder. McNair made a huge mistake but committed no felony and broke no laws. Let the man rest in peace and try to remember him for the good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:40 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Gosh, a flawed human being and a celebrity that is not perfect. We all have a spot waiting for us in Dante's Inferno. What a tragedy for so many people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:46 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Hey.....Too each his own.

BUT.

Let this be a lesson.

20 Yr old chicks are crazy as a sh!t-house bat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:36 am 
Two-Time All-American

UCAMonkey wrote:
Beary Manilow wrote:
UpandIn913 wrote:

I am not down playing adultery and the seriousness of it but you can't compare it to murder.

But OJ wasn't convicted of murder either, right?

Regardless, I wasn't comparing the two guys' transgressions. I was just saying that whether or not a guy is condemned in the eyes of the public shouldn't have anything to do with whether or not he was a distraction to his team or broke NFL rules when he was playing.

UpandIn was saying yeah the dude was adulterous and whatnot, but it doesn't matter because he was a good teammate and NFL citizen. I was just raising the point that, hey, OJ Simpson was both of those things as well. Doesn't make him a helluva guy. It's a poor standard by which to judge people.

We don't really know what kind of man McNair was. We know him from TV. We shouldn't really judge either way. It's sad that he got pumped full of lead by a lunatic, and he didn't deserve that, but it's also a good lesson for everybody to not put yourself in that situation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:22 am 
Practice Squad

Geez...the guy was a good guy who did something wrong and he was murdered!!! Good people do bad things sometimes...I know of one person who did something along the same line and he's honestly one of the best people you'll ever come across. He had a moment of weakness and now he's learned from it and became an even better person. That doesn't take away the fact that he messed up but EVERYONE messes up and that doesn't make them horrible people. I think comparing him to other people or making assumptions of the guy based on nothing is horendous...have you been 100% virtuous your entire life? No, of course not...nor have I...no one has been 100% virtuous at every moment in their life.

I'm not down-playing cheating, I would never ever do something like that and I really don't like guys/gals who do that for the hell of it. That being said, I always think people should be forgiven if they show true remorse (like the guy I mentioned earlier) but that doesn't really matter in this case since he can't "show it". We don't know all the facts about this and it's too early to make assumptions that he was a "bad guy"...some people are quick to judge. He's done a lot of good and has been a good role model to young athletes and this goes to show us that everyone has moments of weakness and can mess up big time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:56 am 
Two-Time All-American

Beary Manilow wrote:
UpandIn913 wrote:

HAHA...well OJ showed the world what kind of person he was for holding that memorabilia guy at gun point :D OJ was a bum from the get go....I guess the best thing that came from OJ was the phrase " If the glove don't fit, you must acquit."