All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Collegiate Transport Trucks
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:22 pm 
Two-Time All-American

http://atlantamafia.com/College%20Football%20Trucks.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:09 pm 
Team Captain

Neat site, I've pulled a few over. The Razorback one is really cool but it is missing on the site. It is a white Pete and the trailer has Joe Nichols on the door at the rear of the trailer. ASU had theirs donated as did UofA. I've talked to drivers of both. ASU keeps the same drivers, but UofA rotates every game. I've seen Ok St, Mich. St, Ole Miss, Bama, and others that are slipping my mind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:46 pm 
All-Conference

Do we (UCA) have a truck? I'm guessing not since I've never seen one & figure I would have seen one by now.

The UA gave it's old truck to the Razorback Marching Band in 2007 or 2008 when the athletic department there bought a new truck. The RMB's equipment only fills up about a third of the trailer, but it was still a nice gesture and very hand (the RMB used to have to rent trucks for away games).

Ah well... someday everyone that wants a truck will have one :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:38 pm 
Team Captain

The truck is usually an owner's in most instances, although the trailer on everyone I've dealt with is donated by a local company. The driver's are usually fans with CDL's donating their time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:55 am 
Two-Time All-American

we might could get hooked up with a school bus.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:53 am 
Two-Time All-American

Beary Manilow wrote:
we might could get hooked up with a school bus.

We had one and sold it in the mid 90's. Maybe we could locate the Partridge bus. That could really put us on the map.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:01 pm 
Redshirt

ASU's truck and trailer are owned by the school and the drivers teach (truck driving) at their technical center.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:54 pm 
Team Captain

ASU had their trailer donated to them by the conveyor factory in Jonesboro(Hytro Conveyor maybe), their truck is used by a class that I spoke to on DOT regs, at ASU-Marked Tree. The teachers do drive the bus and are first rate guys. I met them many Sunday mornings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:55 pm 
Team Captain

Truck not bus sorry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:05 pm 
Two-Time All-American

I think it is Harrison High School that has a really nice big rig to carry band equipment around...it is most impressive.

My guess is that if this is a priority for Brad there is some truck dealership in Bear Country (or some bank with a repoed rig) who could make you a deal......think of the free advertising on the side ...."XYZ Trucking proudly supports the UCA Bears"".....really all you need is the trailer and then lease a tractor when needed....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:50 am 
Practice Squad

This is just my opinion but they seem to be doing fine without a truck and trailer. Yeah, it would be nice but do we 'need' it? It seems like it's more about bragging rights more than it is a convenience and then we would have to hire a driver and load team and we don't have the money laying around to do that. Good idea, but it's not gonna happen unless some outside force steps in or they raise our tuition and fees which we already pay way more than we did when I entered school.

And since someone mentioned bands, the band does just fine without a truck. If we do go somewhere, we make it work with renting one...it would be nice to have something though, like the size of a U-haul. My high school had a U-haul truck that was (I guess) given to them and it was painted up with the band logo and school logo and looked nice...we tried to get those spinning rims that just snap on that you can get at Wal-Mart but no one ponied up any money...lol