It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Phil Steele FCS Magazine
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:53 am 
UserName Retired

Got this from Kats86 over on Katfans.com, and I thought I would pass it along.

Quote:
I called and talked with Phil Steele's office today (Phone: 1-866-918-7711) up in Cleveland, Ohio regarding their potential to publish the first ever Major ALL FCS College Football Magazine for National production.

They confirmed to me that this is DEFINITELY in the works and is on the board with Phil to potentially be done. Phil wants to have at least one page fully dedicated to all of the current 125 teams that make up NCAA Division I-FCS College Football. (NCAA Division I-FBS currently has only 120 teams).

They told me on the phone today.....All Phil is waiting on is response and support from the FCS Community of Fans to take the dip and actually do this thing (meaning call him, show him the interest, potentially purchase his current 100 pages of coverage in the ACC/Big East Regional magazine, and let his staff know you would support an all FCS National magazine) .

Currently, as mentioned in a earlier post, Phil Steele already offers over 100 pages of strictly FCS team coverage which is incorporated into the current ACC/BIG EAST Regional College Football magazine which you can order from them now. Phil has Mr. Jim Seman already tracking all the stats and team information for every FBS and FCS school now... so he already has most of the information required to actually publish an ALL FCS Only Magazine now if he had the interest. Of course with the season approaching this won't happen this year, but if the FCS Community of Schools/Fans rallied up and all contacted Phil to show the interest.... this would happen.

Once again..... It's all up to us! Do your part.... because nobody will take care of us but us!

If any of you are members of other FCS National boards or frequesnt big boards like the Montana Griz site, McNeese's site, etc., you might want to copy this post and let them know about this. All of this coverage can only help immensely EVERY FCS PROGRAM, CONFERENCE AND UNIVERSITY by bringing FCS into the MAIN STAGE NATIONALLY!

If a major publication like Phil Steele's does this... what do you think the other competitor magazines will do? This could be huge for FCS!

If you cannot call Phil's office and potentially order the ACC/BIG East Regional magazine with the 100 plus pages of FCS coverage now, at least call his office and let them know you would support an all FCS Mag. and also if you have his current magazine please tear out the survey on page 326 and send it in referencing your FCS mag interest.

Think about it!