It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: La Tech dismisses four players
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:55 pm 
All-Conference

to include Little Rock's Cruz Williams.

I'm told they missed a curfew and a team meeting the next morning after they were informed they would miss the first game due to missing curfew.

Post subject: Re: La Tech dismisses four players
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:00 pm 
UserName Retired

Maybe they'll transfer to UCA. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:24 pm 
Two-Time All-American

SOUNDS LIKE RENEGADES

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:43 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Sounds like dum dums.....not that they will not learn a lesson.....would not be the first....

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:37 pm 
Practice Squad

I am a true believer that you must follow the rules and when given great opportunities you must act accordingly. There are 4 boys somewhere that would have really loved that scholarship and they didn't get it because these jokers did. Not cool at all.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:00 am 
UserName Retired

Tim Molton was admitted back on to the team. Found the following on a Tech Blog:

Quote:
RUSTON -- Tech head coach Sonny Dykes announced today that wide receiver Tim Molton is returning to practice, while wide receivers R.P. Stuart and Cruz Williams and linebacker Kiamni Washington have been officially dismissed from the team. All four were indefinitely suspended about two weeks ago for unspecified team rules violations.

"We have high hopes for (Molton) in all areas, but it's just a matter of him deciding if he's serious about doing it, and buckling down and taking care of business," Dykes said.

Dykes said he's not sure whether Molton will be allowed to suit up on Saturday when Tech visits Texas A&M. It sounds like Stuart, Washington, and Williams didn't make much of an effort to get back in the coaching staff's good graces.

"Most of the other guys have just kind of moved on, so we thought it was better for them to move on," Dykes said. "Tim was pretty persistent about wanting to be a part of the team, and then I had some players approach me and they kind of spoke on his behalf.

"Everyone discipline situation is unique. They all are. You want to be one of those people who have rules and all that, but all the situations are different, and you have to treat them all differently, and evaluate them differently."

Personally, I wouldn't want any of the other three. Sounds if they didn't put enough effort into trying to make it back. If they're not willing to sacrifice personal wants for the good of the program then good luck at McDonald's flipping burgers.

Question - when being kicked off the team like that, does that invalidate their scholarship immediately or at the end of the semester?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:13 pm 
UserName Retired

From what I understand, the scholly will end at the end of the term. it counts against the team because the kid signed for it. Unless there is an exemption by the NCAA..it looks like their APR may also be hurt by this. :?