It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Steve Roberts
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:28 pm 
UserName Retired

appears to be out as HC at ASU. (No official reports yet)

Let the speculation begin... :lol:

Post subject: Re: Steve Roberts
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:29 pm 
UserName Retired

Speculation may end as soon as it begins.
Many ASU fans are wanting their OC to be promoted to HC.

And Freeze spoke at the LR Touchdown Club today at lunch, so a 4:00 presser gives him enough time to make it back to Jonesboro...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:50 pm 
UserName Retired

ASU announces resignation of Roberts

Quote:
After back-to-back losing seasons, Arkansas State University football Coach Steve Roberts resigned on Monday.

Red Wolves Athletic Director Dean Lee announced the coaching change at a 4 p.m. news conference in Jonesboro.

The announcement comes three days after the Red Wolves lost 31-24 at Florida International, ending the season on a three-game losing streak to wrap up a 4-8 campaign and the sixth losing season under Roberts' tenure.

Early names mentioned as possible replacements include North Alabama Coach Terry Bowden , ASU Offensive Coordinator Hugh Freeze and Arkansas runningbacks Coach Tim Horton, a source close to the situation said.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:31 am 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

More on the resignation, just in case... I wonder if Freeze is the man to take over the job...

http://www.arkansassports360.com/21065/winds-of-changing-swirling-in-j-town-roberts-unavailable-for-sun-belts-teleconference-this-morning

* Add: Mark Hudspeth, former North Alabama head coach, and current wide receivers coach at Mississippi State to the list of in the mix at stAte, or at least interested in the job. Hudspeth is also interested in the vacant UL-L job from what I gather.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:52 pm 
All-Conference

We got the guy the fans wanted! Hugh Freeze to be announced at 5:30. Other good news is rumored to be announced as well. I am ecstatic!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:02 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

Other good news? C'mon Crump you just cant leave us with that!...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:27 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Crump1 wrote:
We got the guy the fans wanted! Hugh Freeze to be announced at 5:30. Other good news is rumored to be announced as well. I am ecstatic!

ASU joining WAC?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:39 pm 
All-Conference

UCAMonkey wrote:
Crump1 wrote:

ASU joining WAC?

I said GOOD news. The WAC sucks. I don't know for sure. One rumor is that that a guy you guys are familiar with is going to be DC and you may not like it. :D

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:12 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Crump1 wrote:
One rumor is that that a guy you guys are familiar with is going to be DC and you may not like it. :D

When I read this I was thinking you were talking about Matt Williamson. Instead, it's just John Thompson. Whoopdeedamndo. This guy makes Bobby Petrino look like Joe Paterno, so the odds of him ever coaching a game up there aren't really that great.

If you can actually get him to stick around long enough to get to the season, he's got a pretty good track record as a DC and could do some good things up there ... until, of course, he finds the nearest golf course, then you're SOL. Sage Meadows is right there, so it doesn't look good for you guys.

Also, you're going to have to budget for lowering the dry erase boards and light switches about eight inches.

But the guy does know his defense.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:18 pm 
All-Conference

Beary Manilow wrote:
Crump1 wrote:
One rumor is that that a guy you guys are familiar with is going to be DC and you may not like it. :D

When I read this I was thinking you were talking about Matt Williamson. Instead, it's just John Thompson. Whoopdeedamndo. This guy makes Bobby Petrino look like Joe Paterno, so the odds of him ever coaching a game up there aren't really that great.

If you can actually get him to stick around long enough to get to the season, he's got a pretty good track record as a DC and could do some good things up there ... until, of course, he finds the nearest golf course, then you're SOL. Sage Meadows is right there, so it doesn't look good for you guys.

Also, you're going to have to budget for lowering the dry erase boards and light switches about eight inches.

But the guy does know his defense.[/quote]
That is all I care about. No idea if it's true though.