It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Oh, how the once mighty has fallen
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:54 pm 
UserName Retired

Mitch Mustain arrested on felony drug charges. :shock:

Quote:
LOS ANGELES -- Former USC quarterback Mitch Mustain was arrested late Tuesday night on suspicion of selling prescription drugs.

Bail was set at $30,000 for the felony narcotics charge. Mustain has not paid bail and is still in jail, Los Angeles Police Department spokesperson Bruce Borihanh said.

The arrest occurred shortly after 8 p.m. PT Tuesday in the San Fernando Valley by the West Valley division of the LAPD, and Mustain was booked at the Van Nuys jail at 10:44 p.m.

Mustain, 22, was preparing for the upcoming NFL draft and had been on campus at USC to work out in the school's athletic facilities late last week. He started only one game in four seasons at USC, a 20-16 home loss to Notre Dame in November, after transferring from Arkansas in 2007.

The Arkansas native was one of the most sought-after high school players in history.

Post subject: Re: Oh, how the once mighty has fallen
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:14 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Hate to hear that about Mitch or any kid for that matter. Hope everything
turns out ok for him.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:31 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

He hasnt, and wont been charged with a felony, and what he was selling actually wasnt a controlled substance... but STILL incredibly stupid IMO, however...

http://www.arkansassports360.com/23465/mitch-mustain-arrested-by-los-angeles-pd
UPDATE II: Charges Not Filed After Mitch Mustain Arrested in Los Angeles for Reportedly Selling Prescription Drugs On Craigslist
by Tre Baker
2/3/2011 at 2:25pm

...Charges will not be filed against former University of Southern California quarterback Mitch Mustain, who was arrested Tuesday evening on charges of selling prescription drugs online. Here's more from the Los Angeles Times on Mustain, a Springdale native:

Mustain, 22, was arrested Tuesday on suspicion of a felony for allegedly selling Adderall, an amphetamine, to an undercover officer. But county prosecutors said they would not move forward with a felony prosecution because the substance sold to the undercover officer was "lisdexamfetamine dimesylate," which is not listed as a controlled substance.

In the filing declination, prosecutors noted Mustain passed off the substance he was selling as a controlled substance, which could potentially result in a felony filing, but given that he had no criminal record, they opted to send it to the city attorney, who will decide whether to file a misdemeanor charge.

"Given that Mustain has no record and that this is his first contact with law enforcement, it is appropriate that it be referred to the city attorney's office for misdemeanor consideration," officials wrote.

The arrest came as the result of a sting operation, but police did not elaborate on details of the case. Mustain did not return phone or text messages seeking comment.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:30 pm 
UserName Retired

Quote:
He hasnt

I'd disagree. Lisdexamfetamine dimesylate is a prescription drug which is a stimulant used in the treatment of ADHD. There are some adverse side effects if taken incorrectly. Trying to sell prescription drugs over the internet says quite a bit about Mitch's judgement, or lack thereof. Unless the drug was from his own personal stash then he had to buy them somewhere - illegally. Sounds pretty criminalistic to me.

I hope if I ever shoot somebody (just wound them) that the police take into account that I've never had a run-in with the law. Misdemeanor would definitely sound better than felony on my resume. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:21 pm 
UserName Retired

Oh...when I read the title of this thread...I thought it was about ASU... :oops: