It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hogs v. NW State - Baseball
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:12 pm 
Team Captain

Yesterday the Demons took the Hogs to the wire and lost in the 9th with 2 outs by 1 run (if I heard correctly). I realize that UA has a policy of not playing in state schools in ANY sport. I get it. That is another thread for another day and we have hashed that out before, but what about our conferences. When scheduling OOC games, I feel it is an insult to UCA for UA to schedule a Southland conference member. Why not C-USA, Summit, MVC, OVC, WAC, etc. Those conferences play pretty good baseball. Rice won it all a few years back. I understand that confidence boosting games are part of the early season, but my personal opinion is it's a slap in the face of UCA (Southland OOC opponents) ASU and UALR (Sun Belt) and UAPB (SWAC) to schedule their conference mates. I also realize I can personally do pretty much nothing to change or influence it, but there is money for a game that could be kept in-state, not to mention a higher attendance (in some instances - Baum is pretty much full for most games) due to proximity. Just venting a little I guess. Agree? Disagree?

Post subject: Re: Hogs v. NW State - Baseball
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:30 pm 
UserName Retired

Baum isn't very full for most of these midweek games (just over 2,100 yesterday). But I don't know that there are many UCA fans that would [be able to] travel up for a Tuesday/Wednesday at 3:00 start either.

Don't get me wrong. It's frustrating to see Northwestern get to play them. It's even more frustrating when you see that UTA got to play Texas yesterday... and UTA beat them.

The Hogs play SFA later in the year too by the way.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:56 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Heard today on the radio that some pig fans are upset about donation levels
going up an avg. of about $2k per year. I imagine to pay for the huge cost
over-run for the new football facility that the powers to be a uaf lied about.
Seems to me this is a great opportunity for UCA to do a little advertising...
especially in the Little Rock area to create some new fans. Moving the LSU
game to the hill will help also. There are a lot of pissed off hog fans right now
and UCA could reap some benefits with a little marketing. Some billboards
would do the trick nicely. D1 athletics 25 miles away at 1/5 the price.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:27 pm 
UserName Retired

x

Last edited by JRK on Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:27 pm 
UserName Retired

I have NO sympathy for what their fans (or those of any BCS school) have to pay for tickets and donations to buy tickets.....

Good to see Demons give them a tough game....best thing we can do is win the NWS series this year....

Some timely marketing in late spring for fall football tickets might entice some "independents" ..."Attention: NCAA Division 1 Football Post-Season Team in Central Arkansas".....everyone I meet who came to Estes to see what Bears are about say they were with facility and the level of play and that they liked being closer to the field....however, what we most need is 1000 more UCA alums at ball games...

As to the NWS game today..Gov Beebe threw out first ball...so I guess A-State got there in a way....listening to the local TV report you would have thought they overcame a powerhouse....