It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tx St.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:53 pm 
All-Conference

http://www.myfoxaustin.com/story/18899952/texas-state-makes-improvements-to-bobcat-stadium
The Bobcats new stadium expansion is looking really good.

Post subject: Re: Tx St.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:23 pm 
Team Captain

Doesn't make up for their sub-par performance on the field every year, red wolves should just mark that weekend down as a W....... I know we did:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ur7gK00bZKs

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:36 pm 
UserName Retired

That's right, I forgot they are in the Sun Belt now. Yeah, the Red Wolves won't have a problem with them.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:51 pm 
Team Captain

actually they are in the WAC this year and will move to Sun Belt for 2013-2014 school year.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:45 am 
All-Conference

Yeah, I am not sure when we will play them for the first time. I believe they had one of the better recruiting classes in the WAC last year and the stadium upgrade should help them compete. It will be a rough first few years but I actually expect them to be competitive long term.

Very impressed with their stadium and they have a large student body and good location. Getting Texas Tech for their opener is pretty nice.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:24 pm 
UserName Retired

Texas State was the radio "talking heads" prime example in the ridicule of the 4-team FBS payoff starting in 2014. ...such as, "....schools like Texas Sate who move up to FBS shoud not ever be considered for the playoffs..." (actually said move up to Division1 which shows their real ignorance). It was interesting to hear the pro Kansas Jayhawks radio broadcasters scold the NCAA for only going with four teams in the plaoffs as team like Kansas will never have a chnace then turn around and say an 8-team playoff would be "much" better.

A-State should be far ahead of Texas State in footbaqll for quite a few eyars. We heard the same "...they are a bhig school and will be very hard to stay up with..."...then came the 63-21 game on TV and that bubble sort of popped....

No doubt San Marcos is a great area and they will get different level of player as FBS.....

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:50 am 
UserName Retired

You know they'll invite us back to play their 20+ more scholly players, nicer stadium and depth that our school doesn't have at the FCS level. I have no doubt they will be much better than anything we have faced of them in the past. It'll make them feel good. :lol: