It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 5:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Kenny Rogers and Gary Sheffield
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:40 am 
Two-Time All-American

Did anyone see what Kenny Rogers of the Texas Rangers did to that poor camera man?!?! He like pushed him around with one arm b/c the whole team was holding him back from beating the ever living crap out of him. Not to sure why he went off, maybe b/c he has been sucking it up lately and the Rangers are 6 games back.

Gary Sheffield is demanding that he gets a better contract!! Why in the world is does he need his contract renewed when the Yankees are HORRIBLE!! I mean crap Shef is good and everything but I think he should worry about whether his team will be in the playoffs or not!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:14 am 
UserName Retired

No, Gary Sheffield is saying - to whoever the Yankees may discuss trading him to - if you get me, don't expect me to play for what I'm playing now. Basically he doesn't want to be traded... But if he is, and the new team doesn't give him a new deal, apparently he may not play at all or if he does play, he won't be playing very hard...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:32 am 
Two-Time All-American

oh okay then I misunderstood it wrong, I just caught a glance of it last night and I thought that's what I understood

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:33 am 
Two-Time All-American

Either I think he is just being selfish honestly I mean heck he is making way more money than the average person. Just stinkin be happy with where you are in life!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:40 am 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

if he refused to play I would think that MLB would have to revoke the trade and send him back tot he Yankees. A s for him not playing at full speed, that would be arbout right, I mean he ONLY admitted using steroids with Barry Bonds, and it's all about the money, so that wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Good thing we aren't looking at him!

As for the Gambler, he deserves nothing less than a 10-15 game suspension and hefty fine for those UN-provoked acts on 2 camera guys, not one apparently. Unless I saw it wrong, there were 2 he went oafter, but I could be wroong on the number. That crap cant happen anyway, but especially since he was unprovoked. He should have to sit out until the All Star game and then a few games after wards. I know that long will never happen...but it should!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:25 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Bear Fan 101 wrote:
if he refused to play I would think that MLB would have to revoke the trade and send him back tot he Yankees. A s for him not playing at full speed, that would be arbout right, I mean he ONLY admitted using steroids with Barry Bonds, and it's all about the money, so that wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Good thing we aren't looking at him!

As for the Gambler, he deserves nothing less than a 10-15 game suspension and hefty fine for those UN-provoked acts on 2 camera guys, not one apparently. Unless I saw it wrong, there were 2 he went oafter, but I could be wroong on the number. That crap cant happen anyway, but especially since he was unprovoked. He should have to sit out until the All Star game and then a few games after wards. I know that long will never happen...but it should!

10-15 games!!!!! No way...you don't know what happened when the camera was not turned on! I mean heck Kenny could have been really nice and said "Please turn the camera off" and maybe the camera guy just was being a jerk and doing his job. Who knows but a 10-15 game suspension is way to long!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:47 pm 
UserName Retired

It was, in fact, two different cameramen. No only did he knock a camera off the first guys shoulder, when the guy picked it up, he then went back, took it, threw it down and kicked it...
To this point, there's really no story that has come out saying that any of the photogs provoked him in any way. Rogers has had a no-contact policy with the media all year long. The guy is injured right now because he punched a water cooler and broke a finger in his non-throwing hand.
I just don't get it. He leads the team with nine wins. Something is not right with the guy...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:41 pm 
Two-Time All-American

something does seem somewhat screwy about that

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:06 pm 
Practice Squad

Sounds like steroids to me! You'd think with all the crap the MLB is dealing with right now, he wouldn't be so quick tempered!! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:07 am 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

it's pretty BAD temper, considering he was missing his next start with a broken finger from punching an ice chest in the locker room after his previous start due to poor outing. THEN he attacks, not 1, but TWO cameramen, ON TAPE, undisputed on top of that. I am pretty positive the way those cameras work IF anyone said anything in the altercations, it was picked up since the tape was rolling.

There is pretty much concrete evidence as to the WHOLE situation. The Mad Gambler, walked out of the dugout and then proceeded to assault 2 cameramen, unprovoked. You are right though 10-15 isn't right, it might not actually be enough considering the camera guy/men could have been seriously injured trying to hold on to and operate a 40K piece of machinery on his shoulders and head and having it jerked around like that.

I'm not a fan of these athletes getting off lightly for the highly unprofessional act he decided to take on the cameramen. Since it came out that the cameramen were not heckling him or aggitating the situation, the Texas GM and manager and owners are keeping their hands clean of the situation, and Bud himself is going to decided the punishment, my guess is the Mad Gambler let loose at the wrong time and might be made an example of for future reference. I just hope it isn't too light.

Post subject: Update
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:07 pm 
UserName Retired

Rogers suspended 20 games and fined $50,000.

He has "officially" appologized, but only through his lawyer.
The thing that cracks me up is how the camera guy got "hurt" and keeps appearing on tv. I guess you gotta take advantage of your 15 minutes.

Of course the players union has filed an appeal, but the odds of it being reduced are low.

This is the longest suspension since ole John Rocker... but his was only 25 days, not games.

Post subject: Update
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:17 pm 
UserName Retired

Rogers suspended 20 games and fined $50,000.

He has "officially" appologized, but only through his lawyer.
The thing that cracks me up is how the camera guy got "hurt" and keeps appearing on tv. I guess you gotta take advantage of your 15 minutes.

Of course the players union has filed an appeal, but the odds of it being reduced are low.

This is the longest suspension since ole John Rocker... but his was only 25 days, not games.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:29 pm 
Two-Time All-American

I think the cameraman is milking it for more than it's worth, but I guess he has the right to since he was assaulted.

But, I'm sure he's in a little pain anyway. For one, he's a diminutive guy and didn't appear to have a lot of what they call in scientific circles "muscle mass". So with a heavy camera strapped to his hand I'm sure it probably messed him up a little.

And if he's being truthful about his pre-existing condition, then it could've easily aggravated that.

Plus you can have two broken legs, two broken arms, a sawed-off wang and a broken nose and sit in a chair and talk on camera. It's not the most physically taxing thing to do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:34 pm 
Practice Squad

UpandIn913 wrote:
10-15 games!!!!! No way...you don't know what happened when the camera was not turned on! I mean heck Kenny could have been really nice and said "Please turn the camera off" and maybe the camera guy just was being a jerk and doing his job. Who knows but a 10-15 game suspension is way to long!!

well, i don't think 20 games was enough... he assaulted 2 camera guys for no apparent reason. it didn't look like those guys said anything to him. and i doubt that they did. a cameraman inside the stadium of a major league game probably has some professionalism about him, so i doubt he said anything to him.

and with the 20 game suspension, he'll miss maybe 4 starts... sure he misses out on 20 games worth of check, but he's got plenty of money anyway. and he was going to take time off anyway, due to a broken finger in his non-pitching hand.

major league baseball sucks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:44 pm 
Two-Time All-American

The guy should've slugged Kenny with the camera. Waited til he started to walk off then all WWE-style just sneak up and BAM!!! That'd make your Sportscenter Top 10 easy.