It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 4:04 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:54 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

or if the ice chest is full before the round and it isnt after the round :wink:

as a side note to this whole thread, she ended up missing the cut by 2 strokes. Finished her 2 rounds -1.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:32 am 
Two-Time All-American

I was really starting to think she was going to make it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:24 pm 
All-Conference

I will think its right for Wie to be able to play with the men, when they allow a man to play on the LPGA tournament. Title IX was created to prevent those type of things but there is equality in the golfing world. Men are not allowed to play on the LPGA tour so women shouldn't be allowed to play on the PGA tour.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:23 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

of course one technicality of that whole issue is that the LPGA specifically has a rule or clause that states no male can ever play on their tour, while the PGA has no such clause. It is just generally accepted that the men are the best players...but no rule that says 'men only' exists for the PGA Tour that I know of as it does on the LPGA's books. I know that is a minor technicality in all of this, but one worth noting.

For example it's sorta like when Vijay Singh spoke out against Wie playing with the men, last year or the year before last. HE is not an American born player I do believe. So it is ok for foreign people to play on the tour but not women? I see that to be a little contradictory. If we are going to say no females, then we shou7ld also get technical and say American Males only on the PGA Tour and be done with it. Now how narrow-minded is that?

Which brings me to my point. The deal with the PGA Tour is that it is NOT solely a 'men only' tour, it is for the best players PERIOD. Obviously it is proven over the year's that the best players in the world on that level have been and are males. And if that happens to include foreign players, and a ton of them over the years, or a female or 2, then I have no problem what so ever with a woman/girl playing on the Tour designed for the best players in the world.

But if the PGA Tour had a clause or rule that said no women players allowed, then a whole different story... :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:05 pm 
Two-Time All-American

well and hell that would just be funny seeing some guy playing for the LPGA. It would remind me of that guy I posted about earlier who changed his male organs so he could compete in female sports! lol :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:07 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

and he/she was told last week or last month by the LPGA that he/she was no longer welcome on their tour I believe, or at least not allowed to compete for any of their majors.[/b]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:32 am 
All-Conference

I realize that the PGA tour doesnt have that in the rule book, but you know if they put that in there now it would be considered sexist. But how does she expect to compete on the mens tour when she hasn't even won on the women's tour.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:40 am 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

I guess she expects to compete like the rest of the guys out there who havent won on the PGA tour as well. In fact, I believe she has finished, although missing the cut, well ahead of plenty of male players in the events she has played on the PGA Tour in her short tenure. So instead of asking why is she allowed to play, one could ask why are they allowed to continue play on the PGA Tour?

Realistically, could she compete week in and out on the PGA Tour, right now heck no. But if she qualifies for a tournament or is given an exemption and then beats male players, I would say she has earned her right to play.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:41 am 
Two-Time All-American

It'd be cool if she and John Daly had babies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:59 am 
All-Conference

I think that John Daly and Laura Davies babies would be a better fit. Their kid would have 400+ yard drives.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:30 am 
UserName Retired

Bear Fan 101 wrote:
...if she qualifies for a tournament or is given an exemption and then beats male players, I would say she has earned her right to play.

I think this is where most people have the problem. She's been given exemptions that other players "need" to get paid. If she'd earned her way into those events, she MIGHT not get as much flack.

I do agree that if the PGA tried to add a clause now allowing only men that they would be sued. It's kinda like the female reporter in the male locker room thing to me. Weird how things can be so different when things are reversed (ie a man playing in the LPGA).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:47 am 
Two-Time All-American

bigtimebs wrote:
I think that John Daly and Laura Davies babies would be a better fit. Their kid would have 400+ yard drives.

I just want to see a big, fat, tall asian swilling Old Milwaukee, playing the guitar and singing oriental folk songs.

I guess if we just give Yao another 8 years ...