It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Facilities pics on ucasports
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:37 pm 
Team Captain

Guys,
I have been looking around the official sites of the other southland schools, and each of them have some sort of pics on their link for facilities. What gives. They used to be there, and even here on ucafans. I think when fans are making plans to drive, or even fly to Conway, for a game, they should at least see they are shelling out good money for to attend. I also believe that it might help recruiting. I know, an athlete will usually make the decision to attend prior to seeing venues, but it might swing one our way. I also think that the University has plugged a ton of money into "most" of our facilities and we should show them off. Just wondering.

Phil

P.S. - we can wait about baseball pics until something is done over there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:35 pm 
UserName Retired

8) :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:09 am 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

Quote:
P.S. - we can wait about baseball pics until something is done over there.

http://www.ucasports.com/ucasports.asp?id=14

I know you didn't want the baseball, but oh well :lol:

...also included in those pictures is the Pepsi Americas Center.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:30 pm 
Team Captain

Thanks 101,
I knew about baseball and pepsi, but no Estes, Farris, Prince, like there used to be on this site.

Phil

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:35 pm 
Site Admin

They are still around on this site.... just hidden a little.

HERE

Haven't redone these to make them fit with the new design. This was a good reminder to do that. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:16 pm 
Team Captain

Thanks admin,
For a second, I thought I was losing my mind. I knew I had seen those pics somewhere here.

Phil

P.S. - When we do finally get started on the soccer/track facility, will there be some kind of construction cam, or will someone update pics for us out of towners?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:30 pm 
UserName Retired

I'm sure someone around here can take some pics or something. I'd be surprised, yet happy, to hear about some live construction cam.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:42 pm 
Redshirt

I'm real glad to see some dialogue on this subject. I have seen a bunch of websites and UCA's is below par. Some sports fair better than others but in general, the UCA website can do a far better job in promoting the school and its athletic programs and athletes than it is presently doing. We all understand that UCA is not home of the Razorbacks and that the athletic budgets are much smaller. With out the notoriety or budget of the larger schools, a cracker jack website is particularly important to the recruiting process, particularly for the non-revenue producing sports like baseball, softball, track, tennis, golf, etc. Its a low cost method of presenting these teams to prospective recruits in the most favorable light possible. Many of the schools UCA will compete against are trouncing us in the website department. In the computer age, the first place a kid goes after he's contacted by a college coach is to the website to check out the school. And trust me, he/she is looking first at the facilities for their particular sport before they are looking at the ciriculum. They are looking for their peer group by looking at bio's and the high school/college awards of current players. They are looking at history, current schedules, results, stats, etc. They want to know their parents and friends can watch or listen to internet broadcasts or at the very least have current results and stats up. The website does this stuff pretty well for football and basketball but very poorly for the other sports that need website exposure the most if UCA is going to compete. I'm sure there are journalism or information technology students at UCA who would jump at the chance to be in charge of maintaining the website for a particular sport. The basic stucture of the UCA website seems adequate for the job but in many sports the web is simply not maintained. The website is not just a resource for athletes trying to get a feel for UCA. Because college sports are a big part of campus life, particularly on larger campuses (which UCA is rapidly becoming), a website that does a good job presenting athletic programs will attract non athlete students as well. Thats my two cents! I'm interested if anyone has a similar or disimilar view.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:52 pm 
Two-Time All-American

sempt1083 wrote:
I'm real glad to see some dialogue on this subject. I have seen a bunch of websites and UCA's is below par. Some sports fair better than others but in general, the UCA website can do a far better job in promoting the school and its athletic programs and athletes than it is presently doing. We all understand that UCA is not home of the Razorbacks and that the athletic budgets are much smaller. With out the notoriety or budget of the larger schools, a cracker jack website is particularly important to the recruiting process, particularly for the non-revenue producing sports like baseball, softball, track, tennis, golf, etc. Its a low cost method of presenting these teams to prospective recruits in the most favorable light possible. Many of the schools UCA will compete against are trouncing us in the website department. In the computer age, the first place a kid goes after he's contacted by a college coach is to the website to check out the school. And trust me, he/she is looking first at the facilities for their particular sport before they are looking at the ciriculum. They are looking for their peer group by looking at bio's and the high school/college awards of current players. They are looking at history, current schedules, results, stats, etc. They want to know their parents and friends can watch or listen to internet broadcasts or at the very least have current results and stats up. The website does this stuff pretty well for football and basketball but very poorly for the other sports that need website exposure the most if UCA is going to compete. I'm sure there are journalism or information technology students at UCA who would jump at the chance to be in charge of maintaining the website for a particular sport. The basic stucture of the UCA website seems adequate for the job but in many sports the web is simply not maintained. The website is not just a resource for athletes trying to get a feel for UCA. Because college sports are a big part of campus life, particularly on larger campuses (which UCA is rapidly becoming), a website that does a good job presenting athletic programs will attract non athlete students as well. Thats my two cents! I'm interested if anyone has a similar or disimilar view.

At least they have the football games listed now. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:55 pm 
UserName Retired

For two cents, I think you hit the jackpot :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:57 pm 
UserName Retired

sempt1083 wrote:

Great post, and I completely agree!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:43 pm 
Team Captain

sempt1083 wrote:

I think that is what I was trying to say. Ditto!! thanks