It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:25 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Arkansas State
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:16 pm 
UserName Retired

Anybody know where we can buy tickets for next weeks game?

Arkansas State is 0-2 and playing like I would never have imagined they would have again.

Down 24-0 to Utah State at the half.

UCA may be what they needed or it may be worse than they imagined. What is going on?! Even Bear fans don't want to see the Indians like that!

Trying to budget for the road trip to McNeese!

Post subject: Re: Arkansas State
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:58 pm 
UserName Retired

I didnt think AState would be beat the whole game. Nice comeback but 18 penalties is just too much to overcome. Whats with the belt? Seriously you're getting beat. Focus. :lol:

I dont expect the Bears to win next week. Indians are gonna wake up sooner or later.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:46 am 
Two-Time All-American

I watched the first half...Red Wolves had the turnovers that cost them much like
the Bears last week vs. Samford. Not sure they are as good as last year, but they
will be hitting on all cylinders when UCA comes to Jonesboro I would bet.
The Bears will match up ok unless the depth issue comes into play as it usually
does. I expect UCA to have a breakthrough win in the BORO.

BLEED PURPLE - SWEAT GRAY

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:55 pm 
2nd Team

Talent is not their problem, they are loaded with talent, execution is, for whatever reason.

When they started 1-3 last year you could point to the play of the QB position( their backup who is at McNeese St was simply not ready), but not this year. It is something different every week except for the fact they are totally undisciplined every week.

Should be a good game, enjoy.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:50 pm 
UserName Retired

Expecting RWs to be ready this week for Bears........and vice versa.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:59 am 
Two-Time All-American

Seminole Indian wrote:
Talent is not their problem, they are loaded with talent, execution is, for whatever reason.

When they started 1-3 last year you could point to the play of the QB position( their backup who is at McNeese St was simply not ready), but not this year. It is something different every week except for the fact they are totally undisciplined every week.

I get the impression from the A-State fan forum that the Redwolf fans are
a little bit restless with the team and the coaching staff.
The Bears will need to play a near perfect game to win this one...but I for one
think they will...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:00 am 
Two-Time All-American

FOOT84 wrote:
Seminole Indian wrote:

think they will...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:23 am 
2nd Team

FOOT84 wrote:
Seminole Indian wrote:

think they will...

Restless! That is an understatement, and the fact is they EXPECTED at worse to be 2-1 at this point does not help. Their HC did not help by saying that because of their talent being the G5 representative was their goal.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:56 am 
UserName Retired

Seminole Indian wrote:
Restless! That is an understatement, and the fact is they EXPECTED at worse to be 2-1 at this point does not help. Their HC did not help by saying that because of their talent being the G5 representative was their goal.

Bear fans were hoping for a 3-0 start and would be at that had it not been for 2 turnovers that went directly to scores ....but...last year we were destroyed by Samford..this year we had a chance to beat them. Not bad I guess.

ASU fans have to be totally confused though.

Quote:
This is the most talented A-State team ,in a recent run of decent A-State teams, and they should be headed for their 6th bowl game.

As good as they are on offense, the strength of their team in 2016 should be their defense, which is very fast very athletic, and should be among the best in G5.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:58 pm 
2nd Team

BearCountry wrote:
Seminole Indian wrote:

Bear fans were hoping for a 3-0 start and would be at that had it not been for 2 turnovers that went directly to scores ....but...last year we were destroyed by Samford..this year we had a chance to beat them. Not bad I guess.

ASU fans have to be totally confused though.

Quote:
This is the most talented A-State team ,in a recent run of decent A-State teams, and they should be headed for their 6th bowl game.

As good as they are on offense, the strength of their team in 2016 should be their defense, which is very fast very athletic, and should be among the best in G5.

No not really, they pretty much blame the coaches.

Their HC did said he thinks their offense should be "fun to watch" going forward, and apparently sophomore Justice Hansen will get his first start at QB against the Bears.

Their DC does not have a clue what to expect on that side of the ball and said "Everybody is the New England Patriots to us right now", addressing the team's struggles.

Overall they are pretty healthy, and HC said they have one more game to figure this team out.

Think their fans would prefer they had it figured out before the 1st game, but what the heck, even if they start 0-4 win another SBC Championship, go to a bowl, and all will be forgiven just like last year when they started 1-3.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:16 pm 
Two-Time All-American

I've seen the Bears in person all three games so far this year and I still haven't
quite figured them out. There is a definite emphasis on running the ball this year.
Offensive line was a big ? coming in after graduating 4 starters from last year but
seem to have come along nicely. Also lost 2 senior running backs and one running
back to concussion protocol. UCA 's ability to run vs. the Redwolves will be the key
to this game. Bears have playmakers in a lot of key spots. If the Bears can get, say 170 yds. on the ground they will be in the hunt for the win.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:42 pm 
UserName Retired

ASU has 9 games to win 6 to get to a bowl game if the standard 6-6 is still in play but I also don't know how many bowl games are associated with the Sunbelt.

Anyway, I'm going after work and going to enjoy the game win or lose. =D> Can't wait to see the upgraded facilities.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:32 pm 
UserName Retired

UCA ticket office has visitor section tickets for sale for $25 each.

ASU's website has tickets right next to them for $13 each.

YOU DECIDE! :shock: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:42 pm 
2nd Team

Running Game will be key, but we flat dominated Samford on the ground and came away with an L. The offense had the ball in Samford territory 5 times in the 1st half and scored 10 points. Very inefficient offense. Drives squandered like this in Jonesboro, and this game will get away from us.

I saw the same thing Saturday against Northwestern St., with a seemingly decent advantage up front (although not as pronounced as against Samford) and drives stalling out. Granted the offense was grade A vanilla and probably/hopefully by design, but the offense is not getting managed very well. I don't anticipate another volume of the playbook getting unveiled Saturday.

The good thing is that the Defense could be good enough, especially up front, to give stAte fits. stAte will make some plays and complete some deep balls, but the front 7 can make plays which could snuff out some drives. However, the offense will have a lot fewer opportunities to get points on the board, and we have got to take advantage of those. The offense has got to keep stAte guessing on defense.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:50 pm 
2nd Team

A-State HC said UCA was good at running the ball, and stopping the run will be critical, or it will be a long night.

Said UCA's 1st team could more than compete in the SBC, but not sure where they are depth wise, which could be a factor Saturday.

Made no bones about the fact they are going to try and take advantage of the speed of their skill players on offense going forward.

Anderson was quoted on AStateNation saying throwing downfield is a skill Voytik isn't "really comfortable with." He was 2 for 6 for 10 yards with 1 interception and 1 fumble before being pulled for Hansen, who was outstanding.